View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Rodney

I've got both machines home and unloaded.
First up the White:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484422[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484423[/ATTACH]
The White is in decent cosmetic shape other than the cracked handwheel but needs some serious help. It appears to be frozen pretty much solid plus it's missing the bobbin cover plate and one of the spool pins is broken off. The cabinet is particle board under the wood veneer and is starting to swell and pop next to the machine hinges. I already have more than enough cabinets so I'll probably salvage the hardware and scrap the cabinet. This machine will be a future project. I've got 4 or 5 other machines ahead of it before I do anything with this one.

Here's the other machine, this was more money than the White and mostly why my wife was mad.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484424[/ATTACH]
It's a Singer model 27 I bought as a parts machine. I didn't want to say much about it until it was home. The wooden table is in really poor shape and the two banks of drawers that should have been on the sides are long gone. The center drawer-the only one left- is the same pattern as the one I needed for the machine Kayluvstoquilt here on the forum gave me. The drawer needs some help, it's missing part of the applique on the front and is starting to delaminate. It's also walnut instead of oak. I think it will be fine though. It's pretty hard to see the difference under the applique and stain. I already tried it and it does fit "Ella" the machine Kate gave me. Now that I have the drawer I can get serious about getting Ella restored and in the living room where she belongs.
I also needed some of the treadle parts for a second machine, a Singer model 15 treadle that was given to me recently so this base will help 2 other machines be restored to working status again.
I would have spent more for the needed parts for the two machines and shipping than I did on the whole machine so I'm happy.
The machine itself turns freely and appears to be in good mechanical shape. By some happy coincidence it's also the same decal pattern as my other 27. As a happy bonus when I was loading the machine I discovered a bag hidden under the machine that holds 2 shuttles and 8 bobbins for it along with the missing slide plate and a few other goodies. The extra parts will make me able to get the head working again. I'm thinking about building a case for it and fitting it with a hand crank.
Rodney
Attached Thumbnails blue-white-27-parts-treadle-001.jpg   blue-white-27-parts-treadle-003.jpg   blue-white-27-parts-treadle-004.jpg   blue-white-27-parts-treadle-002.jpg