Thread: Sewing Cabinet
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 02:35 AM
SimpsonFrances

I recently was in the market to get some sort of cabinet for my Babylock Plain Jane quilting machine (straight stitch medium arm machine). I hate sewing unless my machine is flush so I set about looking for some sort of cabinet. Good grief... the prices. Looked at Sew-easy and the Sylvia's as possibilities but honestly didn't even want to spend that much. I was sitting in my sewing room one night and an idea hit me. It took some help from a friend but it is going to work. I had an old particle board computer table in my room that was there holding plants. I have no idea how I came to have the table since I've inherited my mom's furnished house. She never bought much furniture in her life but had gifts over the years. That computer table had a keyboard tray that pulled out. I thought if I could get a hole cut in the top to do for my Babylock and somehow put boards or something on it to make the machine flush it might work. My close friends husband took on the task. He cut the hold and put some boards underneath to bring the machine flush. It worked!!! I can pull the table up to the front of another table and have a place for the quilts to rest as I'm quilting. I was so excited I couldn't contain myself. I am 64 and needing to scale down and certainly don't need to buy more furniture. You might think about something like that!! Of course it depends on your age and situation. If I were a young person, I might spring for a new cabinet but at my age I certainly didn't want too!