View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:06 AM
mirish2

The first few steps are the hardest. After that you begin to get a feeling of lightness. I have tried many crafts and did craft shows. I just donated two car loads (yes, my little Prius was filled to the roof) of basket making supplies to the Girl Scouts. They love buttons, paints, etc. Some of my excess sewing fabrics have gone to a group that makes quilts for needy people. I like the idea of putting things into black bags or boxes where you don't see it after you've made the decision to send it out the door. My sister is my role model for this process. When her husband retired, they started with one room of their house and removed everything that they would not move. Then they repaired any dings in the room, painted it, fixed the closet shelves, etc. One and a half years later they were ready to put their house on the market. They did so, expecting a 3 month period before it would sell. They had an offer the first week, with the contingency that they be out in a month. It was a scramble but all of the prep work really saved the day.