View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 AM
CarolLady

PBS - I tried to make the blocks 12" x 12" with an 1/2" seam allowance. I sewed all the individual blocks together then arranged them on the floor to how I wanted them. The darker blue in some of the quilts are from a denim material I had on hand, to give the quilt a difference in color. I did not have a pattern. The blocks that have 9 are from my daughters jeans with not as much material as my son's jeans had so I just made smaller blocks in a "block" to equal my 12" x 12" block. I hope that makes sense. Beware of the weak knees and the stains. I had to go back through my daughters quilt and replace some after I "thought" I had it done. And looking at the other quilts in the pictures I probably should have replaced some more. The longer pieces I cut 7" x 13" for the two rectangles in a block. The 9 squares in a block were cut 5" x 5" and the 4 square blocks were cut 7" x 7" If I remember correctly. I never measured the quilts after I sewed them together to see what size they actually turned out. The top quilt I was going for a 6'x7' the other two I was going for 5'x6'. My son is 6'5" so that is why the first one was bigger. When he opened it he said it was really heavy. lol I used twin size flannel sheets on the smaller ones and full size sheet on the bigger one. Word of warning if you do flannel for the backs. I ordered the two for the smaller ones from target one fuzzed up a bit the other one didn't. That was a little frustrating. I will stop rambling. If you have other questions I will try to answer them.
Carol