Old 07-22-2014, 04:40 PM
tjhindman

Default New Grandma means I start quilting again!

My daughter had our first granddaughter in October 2012.....which meant that I "Mimi" had to start quilting again! Since that time, I have gotten bit by the bug again and have made several quilts. Lots of baby ones for Layla, my heart, some for church for Blankets of Blessings, and a few coworkers baby quilts. I have a Christmas quilt I use every Christmas and one that I had given my mom before she passed away. This past Christmas, I decided to make each married family a quilt for them to use every Christmas. One for my brother, his wife and 6 yr old twins. One for my sister, her husband, and their 3 children, and one for my oldest daughter, her husband, and Layla. The tops are made now and will go to the quilt shop next week to be quilted. I have also made one for my middle child, who is almost finished with nursing school of, you guessed it, nursing items. My son, who recently moved back home, asked where his quilt was....he thought I had thrown away the king size quilt I hand sewed and quilted while pregnant with him 20 years ago....nope, just had to rescue it from his crazy ex girlfriend!!! It will be repaired and given to him again very soon.

Can't wait to get involved with the boards!