View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Bee Beatty

Default Block For Groovy Pieces Made By Bee Beatty

Groovy.....This block has a story. You are becoming unforgettable! One day, when I am too old to sew, I will remember these Swaps and think of you and chuckle. Maybe because I remember the "Friday the 13th Block" , I approached making your block with an absolute resolve to make this one perfect!

So I found an unusual star pattern that required using my Tri-Rec rulers that I bought some time ago and had never used. Off I go to check out the video tutorials on YouTube. After watching three different ones, I was confident to begin cutting and sewing.

Cut 2 triangles, then 2 rectangle pieces for the sides....sewed all together and whoaaaa! the block was 4 1/4" on one side and 3 1/4" on the other side???? What happened I thought! Ok, cut the pieces to try again...this time I sewed the wrong angles together.....and then it happened....that still small voice that loudly proclaimed..."Ok...put down the scissors......slowly move away from the sewing machine and no one will get hurt !"

Before I sacrificed all your fabric, I decided to go with the "Paper Pinwheel", block design. Finished it and now going back to see if I can re-construct the "Tyrectasarous" Block!

Groovin' in Tennessee!
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-13-block-groovey-pieces.jpg