View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 10:08 AM
ThayerRags

Steve, I watched for one for nearly 8 years before finding this one in December 2013. I saw it on that auction site, and in a town about 60 miles from me. When I picked it up, the Sellers said that they had advertised it on Craig’s List for $100 for a while, but didn’t get any good bites at all. I’m not sure how I missed it, but I did. They had snagged it in a farm auction for the purpose of flipping it for a profit. I would be surprised if they gave as much as $50 for it. Probably less than $30.

It had a few damaged or missing parts that either I had or found on that auction site, so now it’s all original and working except for one drawer pull. I think I got a bargain on it, considering that it’s somewhat unusual being a Convertible. With the initial cost of the auction, then driving expense to go pick up the machine, plus the added parts that I had shipped to me, I only have about $300 invested in it.

It’s the go-to machine for my wife to continue quilt piecing when our power goes out, and she’s gotten to use it a couple of times already in the short time that we’ve had it.

CD in Oklahoma