View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 PM
huntannette

I was in Paris last summer as well as in March.....I found a couple fabric shops where thy did have quilting cottons ...I did not find any quilt shops near where I was. The fabric is expensive but I really wanted some with Eiffel tower on it , and I did find some. The store I went to were near Sacre Coeur Basilica on the street in front of the carousel in Montmartre ...I took a walk going left....think it was East and there thy were , a couple fabric shops...one was called TISSUS REINE if I`m not mistaken....and yes I do speak French....lol hope this helps....hope you have a wonderful trip....the highlight of my trip was walking up the Eiffel tower....
Originally Posted by YC Quilter View Post
I'm going to Paris next month! I always look for local quilt shops when I travel so I thought I would check on the internet to see if there is one in Paris. Sure enough I found one! La Rouvray, run by an American living in Paris. My question is, what do I look for in French fabric? I know "toile" but not much else. Also web site said fabric runs about 18 euros/$23 per meter, so I won't be buying much! My DH has actually set aside some time for us to go to this shop, (instead of another museum or cathedral )
Thanks for any input!