Thread: Row by Row
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I think this Row-by-Row idea is a great one. But the purpose is to get people into the quilt shops. Summertime is their slow time so getting people in is a good thing for business. And, we're not supposed to share the patterns.... because then, people won't go into the shops. So, please honor that condition..... and maybe after the shop hop is over, it might be okay. This year's theme is seasons and there are so many different patterns that the shops have come up with.

In some shops you can buy the fabric license plates.... I've heard that they sell for about $5-$6. I think those are really cute.

I don't have many shops that are participating near me. I've only gotten 1 pattern so far. I'm in the northwoods during the summer. But, I hope to get a few patterns when I go downstate to help my son can beans. It would be nice to see what QB members have put together from these patterns. But, let's not share patterns until the shop hop is over.
I've picked up 4 in MI while visiting "Up North", including 3 license plates. Love, love,love the shop in Williamsburg if you are near there--just some unique fabrics. With the 4 from MI, 1 from MO and one from my LQS, I only need 2 more, but have to agree with some others--I'm not seeing enough continuity to envision them going together in a quilt--and way too much applique and embroidery for me! And with the number of other projects needing to finish I doubt I'll get much further frankly.