View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 04:38 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie View Post
well I have tried them all. hand quilting is the only quilting i do. And for me Coats@Clarks cotton hand quilting thread works just as good as any of them. And u save money to spend on more material
Ninnie, You need to take the price you pay for a spool and divide it by the number of yards on the spool. I think you will be shocked to find that C&C thread is probably the MOST EXPENSIVE on the market.

Here is a little sampling to show you.
The link a previous poster gave for C&C dual duty quilting thread was 2.24 for a 250 yard spool. 2.24/250= .0089 per yard

compare that to a higher quality YLI hand quilting thread a 1000 yard spool is 8.25 so .0082 per yard, better quality less $$

and my favorite hand quilting thread, Vildani is 7.50 for an 1,100 yard spool for solid colors (more expensive for variegated) works out to only .0068 per yard
http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miv...oduct-selected

I have always found that to be the case with C&C threads. Cheapest by the spool but least amount on the spool so ends up being the most expensive. And I agree 100% with craftnut about the quality. I have some older C&C dual duty hand quilting that is still quite good but the new stuff not near as nice as it used to be.