Thread: So Upset!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 05:22 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Thanks, gang... It was the foot controller cord. Not the electric cord. There is no live electricity traveling throught the foot controller cord. The puppy is fine. Unfortunately the foot pedal has to be on the floor in order to be used. All electrical cords are routed up higher where the puppy can't chew them. I wasn't born yesterday and this isn't my first dog.

Thank you so much for the splicing advice. I can't go with a generic controller because of the thread cutting mechanism in the foot pedal. I am hooked on it and don't want to sew without it now! I wrote to the guy in CA that I bought the machine from and he's willing to change out the cord for me. The problem with splicing is that this is a dinky LITTLE cord, like what you have on your earbuds! The metal strands inside it are like thread. Better to just replace the cord than fix it, but the foot controller is made so you can't take it apart very easily. Plastic parts snap together rather than screw together... argh.

I will save that splicing info for later... for fixing heavier cords. Thank you!