Thread: So Upset!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by Weezy Rider View Post
BTW, Tabasco sauce on cords deters pets.
Not all of them. My lab LOVES hot/spicy stuff. I once made a paste out of habnero peppers and cinnamon essential oil to try to keep her from chewing on the gate when she was young - this stuff was so strong the fumes were making my eyes water and it made my skin red where it touched it. I held out a spoonful of it to her as a test, she gobbled it down and then sat all pretty to beg for more. My other dog wouldn't even come within 3 feet of that spoonful, but the lab....*sigh* It was just flavor sauce as far as she was concerned. She also steals salsa at parties if you don't watch her.

That same dog (as a puppy) chewed halfway through the power cord to my heating pad, WHILE IT WAS ON. She didn't get shocked, but I did when I took it away from her. *sigh*

I love my dogs, though! That lab puppy is 13 years old now - grey and slow, dimming eyesight and hard of hearing, but she's still my big sweet goofy puppy. Thankfully she outgrew chewing on things though...I still have some "souvenirs" of her puppy years on the dining room table legs, LOL.