View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Rodney

Originally Posted by ThayerRags View Post
Are you quilt piecing or quilting on your Rodney machine?

Is Olivia using cotton fabric, or some other heavier fabric for her bookmarks.

After cleaning and re-greasing the motor, did you run it flat-out with the clutch disengaged for a good long time? Sometimes doing that helps to get everything “ran back in” after having things apart.

CD in Oklahoma
I just finished piecing and am now quilting-not free motion though. I haven't practiced that enough to want to risk it.
Olivia was working with scrap cotton
No, I haven't tried running it flat out with the clutch disengaged. I cleaned and lubed it last fall and mostly it just sits, so far we found some dried oil preventing the tension from disengaging and I had to loosen the motor just a bit then run the machine and tighten the motor back down. It was slightly out of alignment before.
It will most likely be a few days before I try working on it again. I need to get this quilt done and out the door by the 1st. I can do it but I need to stay focused on that right now. It's a 2 sided quilt, the front is done and I'm about 1/2 done quilting the back. When that's done I still have to join the 2 halves together and bind it. I figure I've got another 3 days to go on it at the rate I work.
I'll be posting pictures when it's done. It's all being done on vintage machines except the parts I'll need to do by hand.
Rodney