View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 04:29 AM
quilt938

thanks for all the suggestions!I just got home from night shift - will try to snap a pic - they're still wrinkled since they've had a rough 10 yrs of toting back and forth and being shoved in drawers..sigh...I'm not a great embroidery person but I thought they were cute and just wanted to outline them. what's sorta cool is my sister in law was bugging me once when I was working on them - my dad was having surgery and I had them with me and she kept wanting to do one but I didn't have an extra hoop - she didn't care. the second I put my work aside she wanted my hoop - these boys have shirts with 'x' on them - turns out she was hooked. I gave her a noah's ark crib top thinking she'd fizzle out but she finished it (I had to quilt it and listen to her gripe when the foot pulled a couple of stitches loose- I had warned her it should be hand quilted (not me!) and that she needed to leave a longer tail instead of snipping it so close..sigh...or stitch over the tail..anyways turns out she liked the x stuff but not on fabric so she's become a cross-stitcher -s he can see those tiny spaces and loves it! so I got her addicted without even trying. she does some nice work too.