Old 07-26-2014, 04:47 AM
Lioness3xs

Lightbulb Musical Theme Quilt for Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue Quilt

Hi Everyone, So excited to be asked to design the 2015 Rescue Quilt for the Specialty in Rhode Island for 2015. Because the theme is Rhode Island Rhapsody a muscial theme came to mind. I'm expecting around 13 people to donate a quilt block. My thought is to put all the blocks into a musical note within one music measure. Of courses, they'll have to be organized into chords in order to incorporate all the notes. I'm also thinking that instead of square notes I'll design them into ovals and frame them with a darker color using that same color at the stems for the chords to help the individual blocks stand out more.

So the process is just beginning and I was hoping that if you had links for additional ideas for musical themed quilts or ideas you think would work, you might be willing to share those with me. Would appreciate all helpful friendly comments.

The quilters make their blocks according to my instructions, but I will be doing all the sewing of their blocks into the oval shapes and putting the top together. This morning came the making the square blocks into ovals. Below was my very beginning idea. I know the chord may not be in perfect pitch yet so repostioning the notes may be in order.
Attached Thumbnails presentation1.jpg