View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Good morning all :)

I posted on the other side introducing myself. I am relatively new to the quilting world, although I have dabbled here and there with my mother, who is incredibly handy with pretty much any craft out there.
Anyway, so here's the deal. My best friend is going into the hospital next week, and she will be there as an inpatient for a minimun of 4 months. I will OBVIOULSY be going to visit her every chance I get, we get 2 hours a day, 5 days a week of visiting hours. I was looking for a project to do with her that will keep her busy, be interesting, and be something she can keep when she gets out of the hospital and remember the good things about it, not all the negativity. Someone suggested making a quilt together, and I thought it was genius.
Do any of you fine experienced quilters (and next to me, that's got to be everyone on this forum, lol) have any suggestions for me as to how I go about doing this, or what kinds of patterns or types of quilts we should start off with? Any help would be appreciated :)