Old 07-26-2014, 07:35 AM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by sval View Post
thanks. That's basically what the pattern I'm using looks like. It has short sleeves though. I understand the neck now. It's like making a casing and putting the skinny ribbon through it. I'll give that a try on the next one.
You've been very helpful. So many nice ladies on here. I can always count on someone having the answer. I'll try to post a picture of the one I finished.
While we're on the subject, have you ever made a cloth envelope? The hospital uses them for the paperwork, etc. for the parents.
You could use one of the online tutorials for an iPad cover, and just use the dimensions that the hospital has requested, to make the fabric envelopes. Youtube has several videos for making the iPad covers if you want instructions you can watch as you make them. (BTW- you can put the ribbons in a casing, or as we did, we used the ribbon to stitch back and forth through the fabric about 1/3 inch below the stitching for the hems. I am willing to make one today for a friend's DD to use with her doll, so you can see it. Stay tuned and I will post pictures some time this evening. Peace