View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Rodney

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Rodney,

Your LR is just messy enough to be interesting. What is that huge book with the red back on the table?

Also could you take some more detailed pics of the wiring. I think I see a splice at the motor wires, it looks to go from the original to two blue wires, am I right on that?
Also I'd like to have a close up detail pic of the junction block and how it's wired if you can. If I can acquire something like that I don't think I'll have to alter the original wire on my machine.

Thanks,

Joe
The book is my daughter's binder. The table it's sitting on is a little wooden card table that I set up if i need the extra room. It's going back out to the garage soon.

I'll crawl under there in a bit and get you some more pictures. The blue wires aren't original. IIRC they go to the light. It's been too many years since I redid the cabinet, not that my memory would be much better if it was only 2 weeks ago. I believe the old wiring had some damage to it so that was my repair at the time.

The manual I have from Singerco shows two cabinets for the machine. Cabinet 40 like mine and the others shown here and a stretch version of it, Cabinet 306. Cabinet 306 is longer and it doesn't show the extension leaves on top.
Rodney