View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Needles

Default Fabric square for a wedding quilt

A friend of mine, who does not sew or quilt, was sent one of these blocks. The attached letter said:

One of the features of their wedding is the custom chappah that a good friend......is quilting for the couple. I hope you can help us in the creation of this wonderful gift by designing the enclosed square with your good wishes. you can sew on it, use fabric markers to share your thoughts or create a design, or even iron on a special photo(they have the materials to do this a your local craft store!).....the problem is....I haven't a clue as to what to do. I was thinking of a Star of David with a cross and initials and wedding date... I even went to the Shabbat house yesterday but no one was there. any ideas...photos , drawings. Gladly welcomed. I never did anything like this before !

The bride was raised Jewish and Catholic, but is now of Jewish faith. The groom is Christian. Since my forte` is basically sewing, and not quilting, thought putting this quandry up to others who are knowledgeable, would get some ideas that might be easy for her to do. I told her what I would do but hoping a few other ideas would spike a creative talent she didn't know existed if it were easy. I've never done one of these blocks myself. My quilting experience is only raggedy quilts. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.