View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Even the Red Heart yarn that is "supposed" to have no dye lots - DOES!

I have also learned that lesson. I have also learned to bring a swatch with me while shopping. I wonder if it would have helped (for next time) to send a color swatch to the place one is ordering from.
Yikes I hope this doesn't happen to me, I ran out of back ground fabric & ordered 2 yards of it from 2 different online shops. The fabric has came it finally but haven't had a chance to make sure they both match what I already used. Thanks for pointing this out before I start cutting & wasting fabric that doesn't match.

I have even had Kona cottons not match - when the name of the color is the same - but the look of the color is different!

I agree that the "solution" is to scatter the two colors more or less evenly though a piece, and then it looks more or less planned - instead of the "oops" look.
Yikes I ran out of back ground fabric so I ordered 2 yards from 2 different online shops, they have finally come in. Thanks for posting this so I'll be sure to check the colors before I cut up a bunch only to find they don't match