View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM
citruscountyquilter

I have the Janome 8900qcp. I really like the machine and have not had any issues with it. I did not buy it from a local dealer so no classes but that hasn't been a problem. It is pretty intuitive and the manual is written well. I will never use all the stitches but that's not why I bought it. I wanted the large throat space and the machine I was using (a Viking) was 37 years old and showing its age. Because it had been a long time in between machines there was a steeper learning curve than if I had a newer machine to begin with but still not a problem.

I know people love their Berninas. I have not had experience with one. I have heard that only a certified Bernina dealer can get parts for Bernina so if you need to get it fixed you won't be able to take it to just anyone. That's not true for Janome. I use a repair person who makes home visits so that would factor into my decision because he wouldn't be able to fix a Bernina because of the part issue. He works on all other machines. You might want to check this out for sure but I've heard it from more than one source.