View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 03:18 AM
quilt938

Betty they have cutting and sewing lines to Make them either 9 or 9 1/2 inches square.some I cut and then started 'rough' cutting when I found I needed more fabric to put in the hoop for stability.
I thought they were cute little guys..chubby LOL..cheerful. Reminds me of the Andy Griffith show with the fishing! Happy times. The shirts with all this x's grr. The one I'm doing now is another with the boot on the fishing pole I meant to turn him around but forgot so he'll match the same direction as the other one with the boot. They're fun to do though.

I have another project I'll have to ask advice for...it's a very very old little Dutch girl appliqué that should have been my baby quilt (I'm 47!) and pieces are fragile on some and not sure if I should go ahead and sew the pm together and mix in newer muslin for the other cut out pieces and baste and quilt it or what. At least these boys are new and not so fragile unless I wash them and the embroidery comes loose! Some of the muslin on the appliqué looks stained or darker in places. Looks similar to sunbonnet sue. It mama says her grandma called it Dutch girl. I'll have to get pics of those and post another thread later I guess. Great advice on here!