View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 08:42 AM
dunster
Power Poster

I have a basic Innova set-up and have been toying with the idea of getting a computerized system (adding it on to what I have). Innova's Autopilot system is very, very expensive - but most of them are. They have another system, Navigator, that doesn't do all the Autopilot does, but I'm not as interested in that because I do want all the bells and whistles. I'm interested in seeing MQR, but they don't attend shows near me, and I would have to drive for hours to see one. Support with Innova is the best, 24/7, expert technical advice. It's a huge investment, and I can appreciate your difficulty in selecting one.

Do you already own a longarm or have experience with one? If you do, you might think about what you like or don't like about your system. If you don't, then I hope you realize that a computerized system does not do all the work. You still have to load the quilt, clean and maintain the longarm, deal with tension issues, advance the quilt when it's finished with a pass, position the needle, program the computer... Many professional longarmers end up having two systems, one that is computerized and one that they use for free motion while the computerized system is doing its thing.