Old 07-27-2014, 02:26 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terri bb View Post
hi! while researching the juki 2010q that i am looking at, i talked to the nearest dealer who is about 4 hours away from where i live. the list price is 1600 and i asked her the difference between buying from a dealer rather than thru say amazon where i can see it listed for less than 1000. she said the boxed machines like the ones you get at joanns walmart etc or the online purchases are not the same quality as a dealer machine. she said that the boxed have the metal screwed right to the plastic and the dealer has a completely metal framework and then the plastic is just the casing on the outside. the other plus is the obvious warranty, maintenance, etc from the dealer. any takers on this? what do you all think? ive only been sewing less than 4 years and opinions are much appreciated! thanks!
I don't know what plastic she is talking about. The Juki2010Q is a metal machine. I think she was speaking in generalities about cheaper machines that you can get at big box stores. I bought a Juki2010Q online, from a dealer across the country from me. It's such a simple straight stitch machine you do NOT need lessons or classes like the complicated computerized machines would require. You can take it out of the box and start sewing! I paid $800 two years ago. You can't get them that cheap anymore, but definitely for under $1000. $1600 for that machine is just ridiculous. Any dealer trying to get that is definitely out to rip you off.

Don't hesitate to buy the machine online.