View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 06:44 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
I machine stitch to the front, flip to the back and use a washable glue stick to glue down just covering the stitch line, then stitch down from the front side (the side I want to look the best) by STID... it catches the binding on the back side, but not by so much that it looks sloppy.....it takes a bit more work to glue down the binding, but well worth it.
This is the way I do it. I used to use pins, but I found I missed more places that way, and I really didn't like getting poked!
Now I do like Buckeye Rose: Stitch to the front, iron that open carefully, and flip to the back. But I use washable glue to hold the binding on the back as I want it: just covering the stitching to maybe an eighth of an inch past it. No more than that. The corners need a little more glue to hold the folds down. Iron as I go to set the glue. I put the ironing board on foot of the bed and put the quilt onto the bed. No pulling, tugging or falling quilt. Then when I turn it over, I can stitch in the ditch and almost never miss anything.