View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:57 AM
roguequilter

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
is quilters newsletter a magazine that comes in the mail, or is it an online forum? or both. I would so love this complete pattern. I see the price is 29.99. I have no problem with that, but would like to understand what it is completely. and is it worth the money. I googled their patterns, and there were sooooo many, and they all look a little more challenging. and very pretty. right up my alley.
Quilters Newsletter Magazine is one of the oldest quilt publications. it started as a kitchen table effort in late 70’s. they are available as hard copy or online subscription, on most magazine stands in stores that have magazine stands. they also have a "televised" version on web via subscription. they tend to have complicated patterns, focus more towards artsy stuff in their articles. have started providing at least one modern quilt w pattern in each issue. i have subscribed since i first started quilting. it was only one of two quilt focused magazines i could find in '85. i have thought about dropping it several times over the decades because i don't do artsy, don't care for modern (am a traditional quilter) ..but then they will run a few issues w excellent articles on professional quilters, historical articales on vintage quilts, their makers or articals by brackman, waldvogle etc...& when they do, ii be hooked on the mag again. it's worth the subscription.