Old 07-28-2014, 08:09 AM
AngelinaMaria

Default How long do you expect high-end sewing machines to last? Will this be my forever DSM

I'm contemplating buying a Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 or the Babylock Crescendo. These machines are said to be the most advanced sewing machines on the market. They are high in price (although certainly not nearly as high as the prices on the higher end Janomes).

I was talking to my DH about buying one of these and I was thinking this would be a machine I can use forever. But upon reflection, I realize that that is probably pretty unrealistic. I am 48 years old and hope to have at least another 20 years or more of sewing. I started with a basic Janome I had purchased 10 years ago and never used until 2011. Then, that fall I wanted something with more options (thread cutting and more stitches) and bigger throat so I got a Babylock Espire as a trade in machine from the LQS. I have never bonded with this machine and feel it is a bit of a lemon. How realistic is it to expect to even use the same machine for 10 to 15 years and be okay with not trading it in for something else?