Old 07-28-2014, 03:20 PM
AngelinaMaria

Thank you for your thoughts. No, I am not the type to need the latest and greatest. We keep our cars 20 years, our kitchen is 22 years old now and the only update is the fridge and the dishwasher about 10 years ago. We don't have iphones and never will. So, I'm not so much worried about needing the latest sewing machine that comes out because it is bigger or has more options. I really was thinking more along the lines of functionality and their useful life considering the amount of computer technology in the Crescendos, Dreamweavers, high-end Berninas, etc.

I just knew that my current machine was not meeting my needs nor performing like it should. I truly believe my machine was a bit of a lemon. It's straight stitch is occasionally very sloppy looking (every few stitches slants a different angle off from being straight), the lighting was very poor so I was needing to add lamps and was considering buying the LED kits, the needle plate has always been a complete bear to put back on "correctly". Every time I took it off to clean the bobbin area, it took me 2 hours to 2 days to get it back on properly. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you are very lucky but I know there are some of us that have this problem with their machines and it is very, very frustrating. This problem, which the service tech just looked at me funny about, has been keeping me from cleaning the machine as much as I should. I have struggled with sewing heavy items (as the quilts come together row by row) because it is on a table top so it is way too high and uncomfortable to sew on. This would be a problem with any machine really. So, of course I have been wanting a set in sewing table. I have zeroed in on one that is affordable for the size and was realizing that if I buy the custom insert cut out for what I have now but am thinking about getting something else, I would need to figure that out before buying the table. This, incredibly, is exactly how my husband and I spent 18 months doing home improvement projects to our old house when we were only setting out to buy a larger sink in the kitchen.

So I have a confession. I just got home from purchasing the Crescendo!!! I am excited to get it set up; and now, I only have to buy the sewing cabinet/table and the insert and I will feel like all my dreams have come true. I now feel with the machine and the table I will be better equipped to successfully quilt some of my own quilts.

My hat is off and mad props to the ladies that are quilting with smaller harp space and without some of the luxuries of the new machines like thread cutting and better lighting. If you are successful, keep doing what you are doing. I hope to join your ranks with my new machine. I think I just needed more tools at my disposal to be successful.