Old 07-29-2014, 04:12 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Have you ever done that? Had a pattern you couldn't wrap your brain around? I am currently working on a Lover's Knot pattern, which I really really like. I thought I had it right in my head, but I seem to keep getting lost in it.

Probably I got lost when I took a week off to help my husband tile the bathroom floor, so I am trying to forgive myself. But I certainly feel lost right now. I guess I will read the instructions again and just plow back in. Yup, that should do it. Cross your fingers for me...and it probably doesn't help that I am adjusting the size to a size not mentioned anywhere....so I am a bit unsure how many more squares I need. All in good time...right?

Here is where I am now. Should I get my brain going right, I think it will look quite good.

Dina
Good Luck!! What a beautiful quilt that is going to be- can't wait to see the finished quilt -what size blocks are you making?
I have been there and done that. Once on a free pattern, I just couldn't figure the directions out, even had other long time quilters to read the pattern, we all read it the same way, finally called the company. The company gave me the email address of the designer so I could check with her. I sent her an email explaining the part that was giving me problems to see if there might be an error in the pattern. Well I received a really rude reply, not help, she just stated that apparently since I was not experienced enough with how to cut sub cuts or quilting, I really shouldn't be quilting until I learned how and especially this pattern. Boy as I ever shocked, I had only been quilting for about 15 years at the time. Between myself and all of my quilting club we finally through trial and error figured it out.