View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

Default Kenmore 158 10302 have you ever seen one

only posting this , because I'v never seen a post covering this machine.. just something to look at .

This Kenmore is one of those, "In the closet story's ". It was bought new in earlys as a gift.
shorter story goes. seldom used . In 1992 it came to me, by 2004 I put it in storage, Eeeeeeee

in a horse ( stall ) on the floor ( it was heavy ... That day ) then it became buried deep.. so 9 yrs sitting , again,

10 1/2 yrs ago I started buying old sewing machines. This was to new....8 yrs ago I started kicking myself for putting it out there ..

Two weeks ago , I went Dumpster diving in my barn. She works again after 1/2 hr using a hair dryer and oil... The ZZ part was gummed up , and feed drop. a little heat saved hrs of work ..

It's a ZZ machine, "They say" Kenmore answer to singers FW, it's more like a 3/4 size ...or 301,,

It's color is cream ?? on it's main Body, also all metal

All the covers , heavy / thick plastic . Flip up bed extention are a light olive. metal

Knobs are a Dark olive.. hardish plastic .

The machince weight is 12 / 13 lbs with pedal and cords

in it's carring case, 14 lbs it's a old plastic scale .. Red one

On the laft end, it has a flip up like a FW..

in front and it flips out for more work space. is a tool box ,, bobbin cover.

bobbin is a 15 series, case looks the same. bobbin is easy to take out BUT a real pain to put back in ..

The case is very interesting ,, It's a clam shell. a very good plastic case . In it's case , It's the size of a 70's typewriter.. I think nicknamed " travelmate "
to spend money on one, wellllllll .. There to small for me to use well..

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-01-2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: language