Old 07-29-2014, 10:24 PM
oldtisme

I have a couple of old Singer (not antiques) that sew great, one was my Mothers thats she taught me to sew on some 40yrs ago and it's still going strong, bought a Dressmaker machine at an Auction 15yrs ago, sews great. I bought a Janome jem Silver Limited 25yr Anniversary (little bitty machine at an Estate Sale for $20) that Janome sewed so quietly and great stitches that I set my mind that I wanted a bigger Janome for a larger throat space 9", I done a lot of research on them and decided on the 6600. I am happy to say I bought a very slightly used one for $500 less than the cheapest i could find online or in LQS. I also bought a Tin Lizzie 18 (one of the 1st to come out, it even has a phone jack for the regulator) I haven't been able to set that one up due to cleaning out a spare bedroom just to have the room for it. I'm hoping it works good, if it doesn't I'll take it to houston (4hr drive) to get it fixed up. I paid $2,00 for it including the frame at an Estate Sale. Just praying it works good & I can figure out how to run it. Not sure about the regulator or what it's supposed to do, but I really don't want to have a land line just to use the Lizzie. If any of you know about the NON-COMPUTERIZED Tin Lizzie 18's please email me @ [email protected] or private message me here. Sorry for rambling along. But this board is like an encyclopedia of all things sewing related. That you all for all your wisdom!