Thread: My First Bag
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:20 AM
Fuzzykittenbutt

Default My First Bag

Hey everyone,

I finally took the plunge and made a bag! This is the first seamstressy-type thing I've ever made...working with patterns and interfacing, etc. is totally new ground for me. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially since it's really a rather complicated bag for a first time bag maker, if you ask me. Florence, the bag's designer, of course warns people of this, but I tend to just take the plunge anyway and try to make hard stuff before mastering the easy stuff, lol! With a little perseverence, I think other beginners like me can take on this bag no problem (she even gives you reassuring tips written in italics in the pattern instructions...these were very reassuring!).

Anyway, here it is; it's Flossie Teacakes Tabitha Bag (PDF pattern available on her blog here; nope, I'm not affiliated with her, but wanted to share in case anyone else wants to make one).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485597[/ATTACH]
Look at those cute pleats!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485598[/ATTACH]
And here's the inside with a magnetic snap (this was an interesting first for me too!) and pocket with accent strip.

I am not a purse kinda girl, but I think I'll make an exception for this one, lol!
Attached Thumbnails tabithabag_sm.jpg   tabithabag_inside_sm.jpg