Thread: Another Queen
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Macybaby

Here are some of the "points" that I've only seen with White machines. I know there is another rare mfg that also had hollow bobbins and a spindle in the shuttle, but I've not encountered one of them yet.

Anyway - here is the bobbin winder with the pin for the hollow bobbins. You can't put a non-hollow bobbin on this winder.

And the unique split uptake lever. White is the only ones I have like this. The later model rotaries also have this. It does not have a hole for the thread to go through like one would expect.

And the flywheel (showing the Queen and Peerless). it has this little lever that fits into a grouve on the flywheel, if flipped out - the flywheel turns independantly of the drive shaft. My "New Queen" also has this.

Here is the bottom side of the Queen and New Queen - basically the same machine except for the fiddle base shape of the Queen.

This includes having three pillars so these machines will stand up and function by themselves. Very few of the VS machines are like this, most will rest on their moving parts when not supported around the edge by a case or cabinet.