View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 12:01 PM
wildyard

I am a quilter with disability. I make a lot of mistakes, especially when the fibro fog sets in. If it is something large like sewing my blocks together wrong, I will fix it. If it's something small like my seams being a tiny bit off, I don't worry about it. If they are off 1/4" or more, I will fix that. Anything less and I don't worry about that either.

Of course I try to do my very best, but if I required perfection of myself, I'd probably still be working on my first quilt, rather than the 100+ I have made and gifted to those in need of special quilt comforts.

Not one person has ever rejected a quilt or complained of it's small imperfections.

I am not perfect, and trying to make perfect quilts would take away all the fun and pleasure I get from making them and would have prevented a lot of happy people from having quilts that I have made for them.

Perhaps if I were in business and charging people for the work, I would feel differently about it, but that isn't why I quilt, and never will be. It's not something I want to do, and I'm pretty sure it would be out of my league. LOL.