Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shearling View Post
Thanks for the response. Would have liked the tutorial -- just because it is the process used to take my machine apart, so would be easy to follow the reverse order to put it back together. I'll read all the 43,750 posts on this thead and see if there might be a hint or two. I also took some pictures as I was doing the dismantle, but do wish I had kept a step-by-step list. I just never thought that the tutorial would disappear. My bad ....
Billy NEVER did finish that tutorial. He NEVER showed anywhere how to get it back together. He only showed how to take it apart. Taking it apart is easy. Getting it back together is a lot more work. Besides nobody would have needed to send their machines to him to put back together for a small fee plus shipping both ways plus his labor. The blog (my sewing machine addiction) link I sent you is the only one I know of that shows how to get a machine back together. I wish you well. You may have a parts machine and a door stop at worst. In the future if you dis-assemble something take lots of pictures as you go along and be very comfortable with the concept of a parts machine if all else fails.