View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 08:30 PM
CurliQ

The "bully" breeds are called that because of the most aggressive of their breed. That said, Pits do seem to be in the news for suddenly turning and eating infants. Some think that it is the in-breeding and the goal to make this a dog fighting breed that makes it not only unpredictable, but also deadly. That said, I think any breed, from the ankle biter to the Pit, needs to have a strong leader...or they will fill that space. I know plenty of Pits who are family dogs that wouldn't ever think of doing anything other than protecting their humans and some who have no direction and I also know of LOTS of ankle biters who reign in terror but are "just sooooo cute." I wonder at the Pits who "uncharacteristically" suddenly attack and what their "pack" is like because a dog with a leader defers to that leader unless it is "sick." I hope they take their big dog seriously and learn what they need to do for their big dog to ensure he is a member of their family. Any dog can be a terror but when we choose to have these dogs as a part of our family, it is also our responsibility and obligation to foster the living conditions they need with us.