View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Not working on anything today. Ran 4" short of the fabric I was using to bind a table runner that was supposed to be given as a gift on Christmas Day. That's what happends when you leave the sewing til the last mintue. I was going for a quick binding, sew on in back, machine zig zag down in front. Sewed binding on long sides of runner before I realized I didn't have enough for both short sides. Tried to be figure out a way to bind sides without having to removed binding that's already sewn down. Nothing in my stash is working so I'll take a quick run to Joanns to see if I can find a compatable fabric. Hate to have to remove what I've already sewn down and use a new fabric for the entire binding. Off I go to Joanns. May in Jersey
If you don't find what you need, fear not! Grab up one of those sheets of fabric that you can print on, scan your fabric into your computer, and simply print off a sheet of your fabric. Walla! Instant fixer. I wouldn't suggest this if you need a lot of fabric but it is cost effective if you only need a sheet or two. :thumbup:

Originally Posted by luvfabric
Tiffany, I think I would have liked the scrappy border
also. I had planned on using some of the fabric we used for the inside. I think it will look better once we get the applique on the border.
Be sure to post a picture when you get the applique on so we can all Oooh and Aaahhh over it. :D

I finished up my final day at work today. From now on I am a homebody (yay!) and the rest of this week will see me feverishly finishing up a Thanksgiving table topper for a UFO challenge (due the 4th) and finding time to sandwich a queen size quilt, as well as finishing up a dozen 6" blocks for a block exchange (also due the 4th). Ack! I need to get busy!!!