View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Bevanger
i hate when that happens. i wish they'd hire ppl who know about sewing.
I don't get the impression that is something that is high on their list. When I applied to Joann's I was told I was too qualified. :shock: Um, okay.

Originally Posted by Loretta
My Joanns has never given me any discount if I buy the rest of the bolt! Do you have to ask for it? I am glad you found some goodies and when you go back later, you can use your coupons. Right?
My Joanns usually won't do this, unless they simply don't want to hang onto the fabric. And it seems to depend on who is working as to whether I can get this discount or not. :hunf:

Here is something I just learned from a gal who works at my Joanns. She's been there for many years and is one of the few gals I trust. We were discussing fabric and the fact that cotton fabrics have a natural mold that grows on them. I learned this because of having allergy tests done and finding out I'm highly allergic to this type of mold. (Another excellent reason to wash fabric the moment I get it home!) Interestingly enough, she told me that the majority of the fabric they get comes from out of country and that when it is imported it is first fumigated (spelling?) and then sprayed with insecticides because of all the bugs and stuff that come with the fabric. She said there are times she is stunned by some of the things they find that come along in those boxes of fabric & if people realized it they would always wash their fabrics before using them. :( Okay, EW!!!!!