Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I've been following faithfully, but have not taken the time to check in. Don't know where the last 2 weeks have gone...but the girls have been sewing sleep pants. Nicole finished hers before she went back home. Elise has the hems and waist casing to sew. Emily has the center seam to sew and then finish off. I had them make Fr seams so doubled the amount of stitching, but figure it's just good practice

Have the shed almost painted, just some trim left to do--2 coats of solid stain. Second coat was so much easier to apply. Then last weekend two of my cousins drove over from NW Iowa. What a great day we had. Wish we were 200 miles from each other.

Honchey, what a nice tote to haul your things back and forth. Love your little blocks...have you reworked the house block yet? Your first one is so cute. I've included a PP version for you as well as a 4" block.

QNS glad you have it nice and cooool again. The machines will be humming again. You will enjoy keeping toasty warm in the winter as well. Would have loved to use Geothermal here, but when you build on a limerock shelf it's just not in the cards. Can't complain about the heating bills as we get one fill of LP in our 500 gal tank to last all year.

Carrie, hope those head aches lay low for a long while. What fun to be taking a retreat in August.

mirabelle has got the cleanest, neatest closet....puppy dog included I won't mention the state of my sewing space.....

Sorry about Patches, Jan. Those animals just tug at our heartstrings, don't they? I'm dreading the day when Silk goes to her happy hunting grounds. DH has been telling me for the last 2 years that he doesn't think she will survive the winter. She passed on the puppy making this summer--thank goodness--and the cooler summer has been good for her.

Jeanie, your purse looks so "Californian"! Breezy and carefree.

So in between the signage et al you have such a cute Churn Dash--love those 4 little ones in the center. Did you PP them or not?
The quilting on the CMCompass showcases the block.
So nice to see the completed Spike, too. Made a great gift for sure.

I'm off on another tangent--got tired of filling a tub with 2" pieces (I had three actually) so saw this quilt here QBoard in the 2" swap thread and decided I'd get to it. Been sewing strips of three, adding some HST and little 4P that I have made up. I'll use a navy tonal instead of the light sashing and 3 and 5 inch borders for a completed 90 x 90 quilt. Then will only need 16 of the big blocks instead of the 25 in the pattern. I might have to cut 2" pieces to finish it off I've changed the cutting instructions for sashing a bit too.

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...-up-odd-quilt/
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485809[/ATTACH]
My EQ version

Should be mowing lawn, but will sew instead...I'm off

[ATTACH=CONFIG]485811[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails gowing-up-odd.bmp  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MIni houses 3 inch PP.pdf (28.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: pdf
MIni houses 4 inch PP.pdf (27.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by oksewglad; 07-31-2014 at 03:20 PM.