Old 08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
zelenkabach

Default Finding Inexpensive rotary cutter blades in Portland, OR

I am flying to Portland, OR for the "Quilt-Knit-Stich" conference and will be taking a class that requires that I have a rotary cutter.

In order for me to bring a rotary cutter I will have to check a bag, which I hadn't planned on doing and that will cost me an extra $50 ($25 each way!).

I know it seems a little insignificant, but I spent so much time shopping for the best airfare to get to Portland that I hate to spend $50 on checking a bag just for a rotary cutter.

Looking at the class description I think I might be able to get away with just using a scissors, but I hate to come unprepared to a class and to "mooch" off my neighbors.

I thought about mailing a rotary cutter to my hotel, but I don't trust that they will hold it for me.

So, my options are buying a blade while in Oregon, preferably a cheap one. Can anyone familiar with Portland recommend some place where I can pick up a blade on the cheap? One that I wouldn't feel bad about throwing away while I am there? The conference is at the Oregon Convention Center and I am staying at a hotel near the airport. I will be doing intensive shopping around the area, especially the crafting hotspots, right before taking the class.

I know this isn't the most dire situation, but it is irking me! Your help is appreciated!