View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Ninnie
Power Poster

When I started quilting 12 years ago, i didn't own a sewing machine, and I made the first one all by hand, a queen size made out of just 2pieces of material, matched for the front, and the same for the back. I turned the edges to the back and hand stitched them down before I even had it quilted :shock: :lol: :lol: It was blue with lots of bird houses and flowers . I quilted around all the items in it. It is still in use today in my daughter's den, and she wouldn't take nothing for it. :-D I have learned a lot since then. We had 2 sons getting ready to leave for College, and I wanted to make them a quilt to take with them. My DH went to walmart, and came home with a cheap Singer sewing machine. And I have done all of my piecing on it since then, I love hand quilting, and will always quilt special quilts by hand, but have been wanting a machine that I could quilt with. I had been going on line and looking, and making notes.
DH stole the # of the one I liked best, in our small budget, and ordered it for me :shock: I was soooo surprised Christmas morning! :-D It is a Brother *Project Runway, limited addition*.
It has 13 different feet, including one for quilting, and the feed dogs drop, so hope to learn to FMQ. It also has the double needle for those fancy stitches. :D :lol: there is a drawer in the arm, when you remove it, for all the feet and other thingys. And the lid has storage in it also. I have read the book through once, and am reading it again. Want to know as much as I can before starting using it. There are lots of Fancier and more Expensive machines out there, but this one is just perfect for me!

I am so blessed

:-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61708.jpe   attachment-61709.jpe   attachment-61710.jpe