View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 09:48 AM
AllyStitches

Cool Paths of Life quilt for my MIL

Hi Everyone,

Well, I finally finished the comfort quilt for my mother in law. She was having a tough time a few weeks ago, so I wanted to give her something to help her feel loved. Unfortunately in the process, Baby Cat was hit by a car, (he's ok) and that slowed me down a little-- not to mention that pesky thing called WORK! I swear, I spend most of the time at my desk dreaming about what quilt I'm going to do next.

Anyway, it took me about 3 weeks-- a week longer than I'd hoped, but it's done. It's not my favorite quilt ever-- this is the first quilt I've made in many years and now I remember why I used to do certain things the way I did. It was also the first quilt made on my new-to-me quilting rack, so some parts of it were a little bit of an experiment. There are some ugly spots, but I hope she will like it anyway. Here are some pics. Oh-- I quilted the little squares in what I decided were different paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486003[/ATTACH]

Of course, I took the photos with my iphone, so they're going to be all sideways. Sorry about that. Not sure how to fix it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486004[/ATTACH]

This was the first time I quilted feathers. That was fun, hoping to get better at it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486005[/ATTACH]

The paths of life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486006[/ATTACH]

I usually embroider my labels, but the computer I had the software on is long gone. Need to download it again, but I don't have a computer set up for it yet. This will have to do. Sometimes it's nice to have a record of someone's writing anyway.

So there it is, my first finished quilt in so long... So happy to be back, and to be part of this board. You all are wonderful!!

Ally
Attached Thumbnails finished-quilt.jpg   feathers.jpg   more-quilting.jpg   label.jpg