Thread: Quilting YBR
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Edie

OK, I give up. I am not in the loop, outcast, whatever, but thank you very much, I have no intention of learning a bunch of initials. I am completely lost in the initials and believe me, I am not a snob, I just can't understand why us housewives, mothers, office workers, senior citizens, grey panthers, old folks, geezers, whatever you want to call us can't write out a few simple words that we learned when we were in the second grade.

I will always start my day with the Quilting Board, but there are initials I do not understand, and somewhere in the translation I totally lose what the person is talking about and I just go on to the next thread. I found out that I may be losing something that is important and that saddens me, but have we become so lazy that we can't spell out a word? I am OTD, proud of it, learning every day, will be celebrating my 76th birthday next month and I will not let initials interfere with my learning of new words - not initials. Oh, incidentally, OTD is Older than Dirt!!!!!!! (Just thought I would throw that in!!!)

I am always trying to find new words for my vocabulary and to spell them correctly. So far it is working, but perhaps somewhere along the line my mind will begin to fail me and I won't remember everything like I can now, except where I put my glasses, and I may have to revert to initials, but until then .......................... Edie