View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Judith1005

Great job Nanna. Don't you ust love it when things come together. Just like you knew what you were doing all along. lol I think the teen your making it for it going to love it!!
Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
Snooze, I'd love to see what you've done so far.... sounds pretty. I know how frustrating it can be when you have to adjust your quilt plans in the middle of a project. Argh!

Irish, the granny squares turned out nice. Like I said, the really like your alternating backgrounds. It really works out well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress you're all making this weekend. I love seeing the pictures. Okay, here's what I've accomplished so far this morning.

The Trials and Tribulations of Piecing a Quilt Back
I don’t usually do anything special for a quilt back. I look through my stash, find something that will coordinate and piece a couple of fabrics if I have to. But I’m up at the cabin… the stash is 10 hours away. So I went to the LQS yard sale a month ago and found this mid-century looking black fabric so I bought what was left on the bolt. But it wasn’t enough for the whole back. And it’s not the style I usually use. Good for this quilt going to an older teen but I needed to use all of it because I probably won’t use it for something else. And the blue I used needed to be all used up, too. So, after pondering most of the night instead of sleeping, this is what I came up with. The outer blue strips weren’t long enough without adding something else and I should have put the guitar fabric a little more off center but I’m not changing it now. And I used almost all the black squares and the blue. The 2nd picture is what’s left of those fabrics. Yeah!!
Now, I have to wait till the DH gets up so I can make the bed and sandwich this…. I always lay these out on the bed and pin it together. I’m really glad I joined you all this weekend…. I’m getting closer to getting this done. It’s been in my head a long time and needed to be finished.