View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
romanojg

All of this is true but you can also do decorative stitches on a serger. You can also make lace on a serger if you have the right machine. You can get both from in the hundreds to the thousands. Search both on youtube and watch videos and see what they can do. No matter how many videos you watch, there usually are lots more both machines can do, alot depending on what brand, the size, for emb machines you use hoops and the size of hoops your machines handles will depend on what it can do. My favorite thing on the emb machine is doing cutwork designs, my machine uses the cutting needles so it cuts after it lies down the design and then top stitches back over that to have it hold. Its very pretty. I can't tell you the favorite thing on my serger because I'm still learning, so far I've created lace, put zippers in, did dec stitching on a table runner all made on the serger, did gathering, etc. This week, we are making a childs dress that could all be done on a regular machine but since we are learning diff techniques, we are doing the whole thing on the serger. Fast and easy. Check out the you tubes and see what they can do.