Thread: Standard R35
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Macybaby

Unfortunately, since yours has that lever that closes over the bobbin, the taller one won't work. I've been doing some search, and I did find a machine very similar to yours, but the decals are different. I've ask for some pictures to see if it's the same model, I think it may be, just made before Osann took over. I love the rotaries, and if it is like yours, I plan on buying it, then I'll be able to figure out exactly what bobbins in takes.

In the mean time, can you compare the diameter with other bobbins you have and let me know how it compares? I've got ones for many of the US made machine of this time frame, so that would help me determine what it is. I know this may seem strange - but check out this post and you'll see why I'm "into" figuring this out. I've obtained a few more since I posted this. Hmmm- gonna go check the New Home Rotary (pre Free Westinghouse) I read somewhere it may have been made by Standard . . .

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...e-t239625.html

I really wish folks would quit posting about machines I didn't now existed that I find I can't live without . . . and your friends think YOU need an intervention. My coworkers have been threatening that for some time, I think the only thing stopping them is that I'm their boss LOL!!