Old 03-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Super Member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,688

I really wanted two photos of Kennedy, my barn buddy, on this wall hanging. It's for her b-day in June. I finally decided bricks and gray would work--NOT. I decided to switch the bricks with grass and make the new piece go from top to bottom. YUCK. Then I decided to lower the piece and add a sky spacer at the top--and left it at that. It sure doesn't look like what my mind sees. :roll: but it's GOOD ENOUGH!

The picture of both of us was published in a mini mag twice. My son took it. The other picture looks like there's a tree growing in the barn--but I liked it there. :-)

I added a grass and sky border to help the size (15.5" by 37"). I'll bind it (someday) in blue and green--or maybe use a small checked blue green fabric I have--or find a color that works all the way around. I also may add a tiny border on the sides so the trees aren't next to the binding.

Now I have to practice free motion quilting because I now have 4 tops to do--plus I have another one of these almost done.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52588.jpe   attachment-52653.jpe   attachment-52667.jpe  
barnbum is offline