View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 03:31 PM
ApronandThimble

Thank you everyone for the helpful tips!

Yes, that tin was full of some random pieces and duplicates. Those old containers of lube and oil are fun for nostalgia, but I would not dare try to use them today. They are over 75 years old!!

I know that a few of the feet are duplicates too. but one is slightly larger than the other so it probably does not belong to my machine. I guess I will have to go get a 201 or 66 to go with the other bobbins I have, . I mean I can't just let them go to waste! (I know, it's a slippery slope isn't it. lol)

I know that I need to take great care with the thread wrapped around the bobbin finger. There is even thread coming out of the top although the machine is not threaded. I also know that I need a new belt from the snag that is on it. I am happy that the foot control, power cords, rubber feet, and decals are all in good shape.

Did anyone notice the cardboard under the motor? Should that be cause for concern? Was that just done for shipping or could it be disguising a problem?

I think that I will name her Dorothy. Both of my grandmothers were named Dorothy (although neither of them sewed.) Dorothy was the 8th most popular female baby name in 1938 and my machine was born 1 year before The Wizard of Oz was released on film.