Old 08-03-2014, 04:50 PM
TerrimB

Originally Posted by Maggieloe View Post
Don't know about the "high end", but my Kenmore from 45 years ago still sews perfectly, never been to the shop. I do have a Viking Sapphire, but frankly got tired of all the bells and whistles and how finicky it is. I do use it for special features - stitches etc. But give me a older one for reliability.
I thought i might be the only one with this machine still plugging away. I have my grandmothers 1968 kenmore and mostly maintain myself due to all local sewing / quilting shops only working with janome or bernina. I would love a serger and an embroidery machine someday and perhaps something with a bigger throat area, but for now, honestly the computerized ones kinda scare me. I hadn't thought about them being obsolete due to outdated software but that makes sense. Ouch. Especially since XP is no longer supported and slower than dirt to boot. I have a White machine as back-up as it was a freebie too and i have been looking at upgrading to a newer Brother or Singer. We'll see. Till then, my little Kenmore workhorse and I have a good understanding.