View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 AM
KathyC9511

I finally figured out how to do my scalloped border. I marked a 45 degree angle on all four corners of the border. I decided that 9" scallops worked good for me. I found a plate that was 9" in diameter and used it to do mark my scallop in the 4 corners. Then I measured the distance between the plate marks from left to right on both the top and sides. Divide each number by 9 to come up with the number of scallops needed. I needed 6 nine in scallops for the top and bottom and 7 nine inch scallops for sides. I then cut some freezer paper 3-3/4" wide and taped the length needed for the top, and did another strip for the sides. I used my June Tailor scalloped ruler to mark the freezer paper. I then use my scissors to cut out my scallops. I pinned them between the marked edge of the top and used a Frixion pen to mark the scallops. Did the same for the sides. Now I am ready to cut my bias binding and bind my quilt. I am happy with my calculations and know my quilt is going to look great. Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.

I plan on posting pictures of my finished quilt as soon as it is done.